Trustees Merit Scholarship Program
Join a community of excellence
Academically accomplished students are invited to apply for a 2021 Trustees Merit Scholarship at Chicago City Day School! Students new to City Day who will enter grades 3 through 7 next fall are eligible to apply.
The Trustees Merit Scholarship Program at Chicago City Day School provides need-based financial awards to outstanding students who want to be part of our learning community. City Day launched the program in 2020.
The application process includes a scholarship exam and a family interview with School leaders. Students who will enter grades 3 through 7 next school year are eligible to apply. We ask all interested families to submit a formal Chicago City Day School enrollment application before taking the scholarship exam.
To register for the exam, please fill out and submit the registration form.
- Our Trustees Merit Scholarship exam will take place at 10 a.m. on Saturday, Feb. 27.
- Scholarship awards will be based on need. Individual awards will range from $500 to full tuition.
- Scholarships are good for the student's entire tenure at City Day, as long as the student maintains academic standing.
- In addition to the exam, scholarship applicants will be asked to provide previous academic records and meet with City Day leaders for an interview.
- To take the exam, students must submit a formal application to Chicago City Day School. Our online application can be accessed here.