Our high school placement program connects students to schools that are a good fit.
High School Placement
Matching students with the perfect high school
At Chicago City Day School, we view ourselves as partners of students and families as they make the all-important high school decision. Our high school placement team provides support, guidance, and resources to students from the beginning of their searches all the way to the moment they choose their high schools. We help students find schools that best match their skills and interests.
All members of the Class of 2022 earned acceptance to their top choices for high school.
The high school placement process
Chicago City Day School takes extra steps to prepare our eighth-graders (and their families) for the high school placement experience.
We start the process in seventh grade, with a high school information session in the spring.
- We host "High School Night" for eighth-graders the following fall to provide them with important admissions information about public, private, and parochial high schools in the area.
- We include a test-prep class in the grade 8 curriculum. Students learn strategies for succeeding on the different high school admissions tests. They also review other aspects of the admissions process — application forms, face-to-face interviews/shadow days, how to write a compelling personal essay, and more.
- We offer one-on-one high school counseling to eighth-graders throughout the process.
City Day graduates typically attend a variety of high schools, including public, private, boarding, and parochial schools. Below, see where the Class of 2022 is headed and read about the class's success:
- Crown Point High School (Indiana)
- DePaul College Prep
- Jones College Prep
- Lake Forest High School
- Lane Tech College Prep
- Latin School of Chicago
- Munster High School (Indiana)
- St. Ignatius College Prep
- Walter Payton College Prep
- Whitney Young Magnet High School