Our high school placement program connects students to schools that are a good fit.
High School Placement
Matching students with the perfect high school
At Chicago City Day School, we view ourselves as partners of students and families as they make the all-important high school decision. Our high school placement team provides support, guidance, and resources to students from the beginning of their searches all the way to the moment they choose their high schools. We help students find schools that best match their skills and interests.
Members of the Class of 2023, our most recent graduates, attend top private, parochial, and selective-enrollment public high schools in Chicago and beyond.
The high school placement process
Chicago City Day School takes extra steps to prepare our eighth-graders (and their families) for the high school placement experience.
We start the process in seventh grade, with a high school information session in the spring.
- We host "High School Night" for eighth-graders the following fall to provide them with important admissions information about public, private, and parochial high schools in the area.
- We include a test-prep class in the grade 8 curriculum. Students learn strategies for succeeding on the different high school admissions tests. They also review other aspects of the admissions process — application forms, face-to-face interviews/shadow days, how to write a compelling personal essay, and more.
- We offer one-on-one high school counseling to eighth-graders throughout the process.
City Day graduates typically attend different types of high schools, including public, private, boarding, and parochial schools. Below, see where members of the Class of 2023 enrolled and read about the class's success:
- Columbia Grammar & Preparatory School (New York City)
- The Hill School (Pennsylvania)
- Jones College Prep
- Lane Tech College Prep
- Latin School of Chicago
- St. Ignatius College Prep
- Whitney Young Magnet High School